I have 2 run configurations, both of type maven.

In the first the field for the maven goal to run contains: jetty:run
(jetty:run-exploded doesn't work with live class reloading.)

In the second the field for the maven goal contains: compile.

I start up the application with the first goal and after changing something
reloadabke I compile with the second goal and everything is there as it
should be.

For page/component classes you can also just press Ctrl-Shift-F9 to
(re-)compile them and they are automatically picked up, but for templates
you need the way via the compile goal which copies all resources correctly.
This way also changes (or even newly created files) in the properties files
for pages/components get picked up.

Hope that helps.

Otho