From: Angelo Chen [mailto:angelochen...@yahoo.com.hk]
Sent: January-15-09 9:33 PM
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: [Spam Rating:3.18] Re: T5 and hibernate slowing with more records

Hi James,

I do not see any reason why it is slow, but would suggest to do following:

1) try to put everything into a list of objects without saving to the
database, slow?
2) use a service to accept the list from #1, beging a transaction, save,
commit, slow?

Angelo

James Sherwood wrote:

Hello,

I am using POI to take an excel file and put it into a Mysql database
using
hibernate.

I put a counter on the records going into the database and it starts off fast but then slows to over 15 seconds a record and I cannot figure out
why.

My code is basically this:

Public class DatabaseDump{

               @Inject

               Private Session _session;

               Public void onAction(){ //they hit the go button

                               Loop rows{

_session.beginTransaction();

                                               Loop cells{

Fill the
object from the cells

_session.save(Object);

                                               }

_session.getTransaction().commit();

Everything works fine as in the database gets filled for the rows it has completed but gradually slows to a crawl and at around 2700 records of
10500
records it's a record every 15 seconds.

I run the project under eclipse using Tomcat. The memory starts at around
80mb and only goes up to around 110mb.

What am I doing wrong?

--James

Christian Edward Gruber