Thiago, thank you for a quick response, I still have a lot to learn!

> One way to do it is to nameColumn.sortable(false) the
> the method that returns the BeanModel.
I'm confused at this point. I'm currently not returning the BeanModel
anywhere. When I was using BeanModel to add custom columns, it was a
property that was then bound to the grid component in the .tml file (i.e.
model="model") but since the recent versions of Tapestry5 do not require me
to add custom columns using the BeanModel code, I'm not doing this anymore.
Hence, my first use of the BeanModel was this - to try and make an existing
column sortable (or not-sortable).

Could you please elaborate (at least in short) on returning the BeanModel in
my scenario (where I first get it from an existing grid rather than create
BeanModel from scratch). I'm sorry for sounding so dumb! :) And thanks
again!