Hello everyone!

I am a bit confused. I thought the default service binding is a singleton?

But why do I see a database query every time I load the same page?

public class DomainPropertyService {

        private Session session;

        private List<Domain> domains = null;

        public DomainPropertyService(Session session){
                  this.session=session;
        }

        public String getString(String key){

                if (domains==null){
                domains = session.createCriteria(Domain.class).list();
                }

                if (domains!=null){
                        return "queries the database";
                }
                else {
                        return "read from cache";

public static void bind(ServiceBinder binder)
    {

                 binder.bind(DomainPropertyService.class);

     }

Thanks!

Toby