Thiago,
I guess you want the Class if your doing annotation based protection, and the string if you have some sort of map. But, as Daniel mentioned, you can get a ComponentSource, and convert the string to a Class, so no problems there.

The problem is deciding what a normally dispatched request is. Tapestry's whole philosophy is that my dispatcher/Service/Component is as normal as any other dispatcher/Service/Component. Just today I saw some messages about more RESTful URLs, that get converted to a page with parameters. Any dispatcher that converts the request to a Page/Component class will need to be involved in the complete solution.

Hmm, interesting design problem. It's after midnight here, so maybe I'll think some more tomorrow.
Ciao,
Jonathan