This is a little offtopic - so I apologize in advance but I'm building
Tapestry applications and have a Hibernate question that I'd like to pose
here.

Is there preferred type for simple Hibernate IDs?

Simply stated, I'm asking about the two orthogonal choices: (native vs
object, range or size)

Is an int preferred to an Integer? Is there a compelling argument for either
native or Object?

Is an Integer preferred to a Long (if the extra range of the the Long is
unecessary)? For instance, using hsqldb - would a Long possibly require TWO
columns and an Integer only one?

If anyone has time to chime in briefly, I'm just asking for the most
generally used/accepted practices.

-Luther