I believe this problem is fixed in 5.1.  I did some major surgery on
PageTester, and it now simulates the Tapestry Request, Response,
Session and Context objects (not the Servlet API ones, however). This
means you can test much more of your application beyond pages,
including Dispatchers contributed to MasterDispatcher, and other
filters as well.

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Angelo Chen <angelochen...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add some page test into a running application, code is just
> simple:
>
>        PageTester tester = new PageTester(appPackage, appName,
> "src/main/webapp");
>        PageTester tester = new PageTester(appPackage, appName,
> "src/main/webapp");
>    Document doc = tester.renderPage("Index");
>
> but I got an nullPointer exception when MyServices refers to globals:
>
>        public MyServicesImp(ApplicationGlobals globals) {
>                String infoName =
> globals.getServletContext().getInitParameter("info.file.name");
>        }
>
> adding this into AppModule fix the error:
>
> public static void contributeAliasOverrides(Configuration<AliasContribution>
> conf) {
>   conf.add(AliasContribution.create(ApplicationGlobals.class,
> EasyMock.createMock(ApplicationGlobals.class)));
> }
>
> but another error comes out:
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception constructing service
> 'ComponentMessagesSource': Error invoking service builder method
> org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.InternalModule.buildComponentMessagesSource(AssetFactory,
> String) (at InternalModule.java:132) (for service
> 'ComponentMessagesSource'): Parameter context was null.
>
> Any idea how to fix this? is it a good idea to add PageTester to an app that
> uses a lot of services?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Angelo

Howard M. Lewis Ship