You are right.

I tried it out and came to the same result. The Image component works
everywhere except within a t:loop. It seems, that the PropertyConduitSource
is the reason for that. Is it possible, that one has to supply a custom
translator for byte[] ?

One possible solution is to store the images in the filesystem instead of
the database and store only the filename in the db from where you can
construct a path. But I think that isn't compatible with your requirements?

Otho