I had the same problem. I am not sure what of the 5 things I did was the one
that help, but what I did was:

Implements Serializable
Implements Comparable
Override equals
Override hashcode
Override toString

I am not sure how is implemented the Pallete, but most of the time is a good
practice to implement this methods or override them if you are going to use
your beans with other components.

Serializable: so the components can serialize them, logic :D
Comparable: It is used to reorder your beans on a list, or other things
equals: well, how would other classes or components would know if one of
your beans is equals to other if you do not override this ?.
Hashcode: Used on some kinds Maps, lists, etc, to get faster searches, or
something like this.
toString: well, u know