Ah ... that works (as expected).

Clarification for me - I know that Tapestry creates "pools" of my pages.
Conceptually, I've often wondered how it does that - ie: does it nullify all
the fields between requests?

Given this example, is it safe to say that it nullifies or invalidates any
field in the components, pages, or mixins package? ...

And more to my question - leaves any other declared and instantiated fields
alone?

For instance, if I instantiate and assign some utility class to a page.field
- is it predictably going to persist and even retain values that I might set
in it across requests?

Thanks Thiago,

-Luther