I have a Hibernate entity - which contains a java.util.Date.

It displays just fine in a BeanEditor ... if I intentionally enter a
mis-formatted date it correctly comes back highlighted in a RED outline etc.

Then, *when I try to click on the CALENDAR icon *- it just keeps telling me
the date is incorrectly formatted. IE: a graphic block fades in above the
field with an arrow and a red X telling me about the problem - but the
CALENDAR never pops back up to let me select.

I have to manually swipe and delete the entry in the textbox - and then
clicking on the CALENDAR icon works again.

Is that intentional? I mean, it works - but I don't think it is intuitive to
have to delete the entry before clicking on the CALENDAR icon.

-Luther