Just create the archetype. Don't do a 'mvn install' or 'mvn  jetty:run'
immediately but first edit the pom and change <tapestry-release-version> in
the property section from 5.1.0.1-SNAPSHOT to 5.0.18. You can leave the
testng dependency as is. Other changes, like including tapestry-hibernate or
tapestry-spring-security and later upgrades can then be done easily when
using the property placeholder for the version.

Regards,
Otho