On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 7:33 PM, nillehammer
<tapestry.nilleham...@winfonet.eu> wrote:

> Tapestry's Delegate-Component
> (
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Delegate.html
> )
> to show an error message.

I guess I'm still processing this -- how would a delegate component be of
help to me here?
It's a little awkward to have each index template have a top-level
conditional:
- if this is a 'not found' then show an error
- else show the actual page template

I dunno how often I'd be repeating this pattern - perhaps very rarely.  If
it came up more than a couple times, I'd probably live with the
/pagenotfound approach just to avoid the duplication.  I suppose I could
even use a layout to get around the duplication.  Anyway -- ultimately, I
think I'm probably fighting against the grain a little too hard and should
probably just live with the /start URL and accept that Tapestry owns the URL
structure more than I'd necessarily choose.  ;)

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman
http://www.geoffreywiseman.ca/