Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice on how to overcome a problem I am currently having.

What I am trying to do is build a tree structure on a page that needs to be
able to contain many nodes and values...I'm talking about 15k entries or
more....

When I load the entries and sort them into the tree structure behind the
scenes and create the tree structure, when I track memory usage I am at
about 20mb max for 15k entries. The problem is as soon as I create a for
loop on the html page to render these entries the memory usage blows up to
about 68mb which causes a out of memory - java heap size error (default is
64mb).

Now I know that I can simply increase the heap size but I am looking to be
able to handle as many entries as possible so I want to save increasing the
heap size for supporting something like 40k entries.

Right now I'm stuck at maxing out at 9k entries for heap size of 64mb. Is
there a better way to be rendering these entries or rendering the page to
save memory?

This is currently how my for loop looks like:

<li jwcid="@Any" id="ognl:currentEntry" ></li>

Note: the tree structure is made from <ul> and <li>...