Which version of T5?  I had thought that it would report problems at
startup a bit better.

Can you use the debugger to catch the NPE?  If so, add an issue with
the stack trace to the NPE and I'll make sure it gets reported better.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos