In addition to various cool things mentioned by other people, I really
like the ability to unit test components and pages:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/unit-testing-pages.html

It's really nice to be able to do test-driven development in the GUI
layer. (Particularly in conjunction with the tapestry-xpath project:
http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry-xpath/ ).

- Paul
------------------
Paul Field
Research IT
Deutsche Bank

Sebastian Hennebrueder <use...@laliluna.de>
23/04/2009 19:12
Please respond to
"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>

users@tapestry.apache.org
cc

Subject
Web framework evaluation - What is beautiful in Tapestry?

Hello,

I am working on an article evaluating Tapestry 5 in details. The article
is part of an article series on my website http://www.laliluna.de on
web technologies and frameworks. Apart from a large article on
technologies, there is a detailed test of the Stripes Framework.

One chapter in the evaluation is going to show features or concepts
which are very beautiful, unique or somehow special for this framework.
In this chapter, I would like to integrate
feedback from the community using the framework. I did this as well with
Stripes (
http://www.mail-archive.com/stripes-us...@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02294.html
)

This is why, I would like to ask you for your opinion.

What is your favourite feature or concept of Stripes, what is unique as
compared to other things, what is an eye catcher?

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de