> I am still deciding whether to choose Tapestry5 for my upcoming
> project. I
> was reading a lot how each version of Tapestry isn't backward
> compatible
> with older version and how migrating the code to new Tapestry is a
> nightmare. I like Tapestry declaractive model but my priority in
> choosing a
> framework is the ease of migrating to the newer version.

I recently migrated our application from 5.0 to 5.1 and it was mostly seamless.
The issues were mostly bugs, which considering I was migrating to a pre-release
version of 5.1 that's to be expected. It was worth it for the new stuff to us,
and it also helped get 5.1 GA ready. (very close now I think) This app has had
9 developers working for a year so there's a lot there to migrate.

> So is there any information on regards to whether Tapestry 6 being
> rehauled
> again ? Is this the right time to step into Tapestry or should i wait
> till
> near GA release?

Tapestry 6 is not planned by Howard at all and I don't ever see the need for
it. I would get the latest beta of T5.1 and jump right in. It's in a pretty
solid state now.

Cheers,

Andy.