Em Sat, 02 May 2009 15:31:15 -0300, mraible <m...@raibledesigns.com> escreveu:

I have the a Person.java object that I'm trying to use the BeanEditForm
component with. It has no Tapestry annotations in it. Is it possible to use the BeanEditForm component with it?

Yes. By the way, I've never used any Tapestry annotation in my POJOs.

<t:layout title="message:personDetail.title"
heading="message:personDetail.heading" menu="literal:PersonMenu"
          xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd";>

    <t:beaneditform object="person" id="personForm" exclude="id">
        <t:parameter name="buttons">

You're trying to override the edition block of a non-existent BeanModel property. Try adding add="buttons" to the BeanEditForm.

Hint: instead of using BeanEditForm in this case, use a Form, an Errors and a BeanEditor. You'll have complete control on how to add the submit input (and any other thing you need). BeanEditForm = Form + Errors + BeanEditor + submit input.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago