Ok let me try to explain my scenario in detail:

I have custom filter extending AuthenticationProcessingFilter. So as user
tries to logon i call attemptAuthentication method of custome class. After
user is authenticated SUCCESSFULLY i have to:

1- made extra checks based upon roles assigned to user. and have to send
user back to login page.
2- Need to set lots of extra info in session and logg events i DB

So as soon as user was authenticated successfully control transfers to
targetUrl defined without extra checks i need. This is main problem.

Now i override the onSuccessfullAuthentication method and put all extra role
checking and other stuff in it. It works. Howeever if if find some problem
in role i have to send user back to login page now with custom error
messages.