On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Geoffrey Wiseman <
geoffrey.wise...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To make this happen, I looked at a few options, an ObjectProvider (e.g.
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5SpringIntegrationAlternative1)
> although tapestry-spring seems to now be using an ObjectCreator, which I
> know less about.  I also looked at simply binding services (
> http://markmail.org/message/2ams6no2hjndo67m).  It seemed like the object
> provider was a layer more indirection than I actually needed.

I looked into this with more detail since this email -- it seems like this
suffers from the same problem. It's awkward (although possible) to carry
configured objects in such a way that they could be accessed by a module
class to be passed off to an ObjectProvider.  It could be carried more
easily through a ModuleDef, but there's no easy way to get that information
in through the page tester constructor such that it will be available -- not
without somthing like a static variable.  :/

I feel like I'm going around in circles, although at least I'm learning more
about Tapestry IoC in the process.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman