Thanks for this try,

but

        @BeginRender
        public Class beginRender()
        {
                return Start.class;
        }

gives another Exception

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RenderQueueException: Render queue error in BeginRender[ExceptionReport]: The return value from a render phase event method was not compatible the expected return type of java.lang.Boolean. You should change the method to return the correct type.

I know that I can return Page classes from event handler methods. But it does not seem to work from RenderPhaseMethods.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Moritz