Has anyone successfully created a project using Tapestry and Spring for
jax-ws web services?

I have a project using these technologies and I'm getting a number of
issues. The first is this error:-

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException: Exception
constructing service 'ValueEncoderSource': Error invoking service builder
method
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildValueEncoderSource(Map,
InvalidationEventHub) (at TapestryModule.java:1910) (for service
'ValueEncoderSource'): Error invoking service contribution method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
boolean, HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess,
LoggerSource): Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource':
Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'):
org.hibernate.validator.event.ValidateEventListener cannot be cast to
org.hibernate.event.PreInsertEventListener [at
classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/ExceptionDisplay.tml, line
3]

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.invoke(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:948)

This is using the latest hibernate annotaions (version 3.4.0 GA).  In the
Maven pom.xml if I change the org.hibernate dependency to be:-

 <dependency>

            <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>

            <artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>

            <version>3.2.1.ga</version>

        </dependency>

the error goes away, but we lose the bug fixes from the newer versions of
annotations.  Does anyone know a way around this?