On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Olle Hallin<olle.hal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ideally, there should be a pluggability layer here.

As long as the validation is defined by an annotation in a getter or
field and it doesn't depend on other properties (@NotNull, @Length,
etc), the plugabillity layer is already there:
ValidationConstraintsGenerator. What's not pluggable yet
cross-property validation (@AssertTrue, @AssertFalse, etc).

For validation framework-independency, I don't think tapestry-core
should support any framework. This support should come as separate
drop-in packages (tapestry-beans-validation, etc).

> I started using Hibernate Validator a couple of years ago, but abandoned it
> since it's not multi-lingual. (see
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HV-44).

I used the Hibernate Validator support basically as a proof-of-concept
and an example to anyone who wants to support other validation
frameworks.

--
Thiago