Hi Angelo,

what kind of e-commerce software are you thinking of?

If it is a straight-forward online shop - we built www.toplicht.de
about two and a half years ago with Tapestry and ever since we did, we
wanted to open source the code as a an open source e-commerce project
(the name would be "Cokios", see www.cokios.org).
We never really got round to it... and of course there would be some
work left to do, remove customer specific code, create a sample shop,
update to Tapestry 5.1... but still, I think it might be a good
starting point,  better than starting from scratch.

If you would be interested in using and maybe even in contributing to
an open source tapestry e-commerce software, I might actually start
putting some code in the sourceforge repository.

Tell me what you think,

Lutz

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Angelo Chen<angelochen...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi,
> looking for an eCommerce software in Java, is there a 'Tapestry 5 friendly'
> one? to make it clear, I'm quite comfortable in Tapestry5 and like it very
> much, however, making an eCommerce software from scratch will be a big task,
> abandoning T5 for this coming project is something I don't like to happen,
> any suggestions to have T5 and an existing e Commerce software working
> together? Thanks,
>
> A.C.

altocon GmbH
http://www.altocon.de/