The xml provided looks a lot like the default metadata that occurs if you don't configure anything. Resources are copied from /src/main/ resources into the resulting jar/war/ear and are filtered. Can you post your pom.xml file (and any parent poms) in case you're overriding some subtle behaviour?

Christian.