MPlayer did fine.
Interesting.
Likewise duplicated it. But... :) Although it's possible to trigger the issue by clearing the session cookies, but it's clearly /not/ a cookie issue, per se. 1) You can duplicate it without messing with cookies at all (hit the page; wait a few minutes, then try) 2) As evidenced by your video (and my duplication of your video results): there are cases where you can clear the session cookies and the site still functions properly (see below)

1) Maybe there is page-instance-specific information being stored by ajax form loop?
2) Perhaps session-specific information?
#2 seems the most likely. If there's a relatively short session timeout, hitting the page and waiting before attempting anything would correlate with #2 (Geoff, what's the session timeout length on jumpstart?). Also, this works with the cookie-based triggering: you're clearing the session association. I wonder if the first time you clear the cookie data, the jsessionid is still in the url, so the session information isn't lost. After clicking around, the cookie is there, and so the jsessionid isn't encoded, then clearing cookies dissociates you from the session information. Interesting.

Robert