Hi!

I'm working on a security package for Tapestry (to be open-sourced soon) and I'm following the typical Dispatcher-based approach. Now I need to check if the requested page has a given annotation and read its values. This already works. I also want my dispatcher to get the annotation presence and values when a page class is live reloaded.

I'm using ComponentClassResolver to map page names (user/edit) to their page classes names, get the Class instance and then get the annotation values. But, without an application restart, my dispatcher doesn't see the new annotation values. I could use ComponentSource.getPage(), but it checks out a page instance from the pool and invokes Page.attached(). I suspect this hurt perfomance, as the page checkout would be too heavy to be executed twice per request (one in the security dispatcher, other to process the page render/event itself).

Any suggestions? Am I right in the assumption that using PageCache.checkout() to do security checks would hurt performance?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago