Eldred Mullany schrieb:
Hi All
I am having a strange problem with an old t5.0.13 app and jetty. When I
startup the application in Eclipse it shows that it connects to db,
starts up all services etc, however when hit a web page that contains
any component such as <t:form>  throws an exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: caught an exception while obtaining a
class file for org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components. I then built a
war file and deployed it under tomcat and it worked fine.
So the problem seems to be jetty, but not sure what's causing it not to
resolve classes, does anyone have any suggestions on what the cause of
this is. I checked my tapestry-core-5.0.13.jar which doesn't seem
corrupt, all classes reside in their respective packages. It would'nt
have worked in tomcat if my libraries were corrupt.
Thanks

Eldred Mullany

I use Jetty 6.1.18 with Tapestry 5.1 and it works. I only know that JSF has deployment problems and requires to pack the JSF libs in the Jetty lib folder. But this is JSF. It should work. I remember that 5.0 provides sometimes no exception messages. Just try another version.
Best Regards
Sebastian

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de