On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Thiago H. de Paula
Figueiredo<thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Em Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:57:09 -0300, Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
> escreveu:
> Take a look at http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/templates.html,
> section "Tapestry Elements".

I had seen that section before, but it wasn't really clear (to me,
anyway -- a T5.1 newbie who has also used T4) that it was really
different.

>> and should t:body also support invisible instrumentation, too?
>
> Using t:type for both components and Tapestry-specific tags (<t:body>, etc)
> would cause a lot of confusion and would require some level rewriting of the
> template parser. Even using other attribute would require this rewriting, so
> I don't know if it's worth the hassle.

It may not be worth the hassle, but given that t:body (not a
component) looks pretty much like t:if, t:form, t:loop, t:textfield,
etc. (components), I think it is a bit confusing.  It looks like a
duck (component), but doesn't quack.  Also, Body was a real component
in T4, so that might add to the confusion for anyone moving on to T5.

Thanks again Thiago!

mrg