Kalle, i know that (i googled, looked to the top 20 results and found on the mailing list), but to a newbie (me) the ognl it's the same thing as "Oh no, more one thing to learn", it's not that difficult but a newbie will google and not find the answer on the T5 site but on the mailing list or maybe never find it at all or find it on the T4 pages and will not bother to look at it because it's T4 not T5. On the T5 site i found the p:else (else it's not on the javadoc?) and was searching for other components when i found (on the mailing list) Angelo Chen asking for the greater than or less than operators, so i decided to make my feature request to the Tapestry Team. In my app i have a vertical menu with 30+ items x CRUD (in a submenu), and to show/hide the items i have a user - group - access rules that 30+ methods return booleans to the border.tml to show/ hide the items, active=non clickable, not active = clickable...something that a t:contains will cut the need to have the 30+ methods (it's not usual to have this large menu but sometimes it can be specially on admin pages for cms). I believe that creating more T5 corelib.components (not ognl) will help boost production, ease the template construction and will be more easier to learn too. It reminds me the "macs-have-less-software- than-windows" thing and the tools and apis apple created to ease the job of creating iPhone apps (looks like apple has learned something).

Anyway, thanks Kalle.

On Aug 23, 2009, at 7:22 AM, users-digest-h...@tapestry.apache.org wrote:

From: Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Date: August 23, 2009 2:03:43 AM JST
To: Tapestry users <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Features Request for 5.x or 6?

Christmas comes early this year: use the ognl binding from chenillekit (http://www.chenillekit.org/chenillekit-tapestry/ognlbinding.html). Be
a good boy now.

Kalle

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM, akira<wilsonaik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, i know that there are developers much more actively using Tapestry than
me but...i'm just a poor guy asking for a christmas gift :-).

gift 1 -> t:else
gift 2 -> t:elseif
gift 3 -> t:contains value_to_check_if_it_exists, array_to_check
gift 4 -> t:greaterThan
gift 5 -> t:greterThanOrEqual
gift 6 -> t:lessThan
gift 7 -> t:lessThanOrEqual
gift 8 -> t:equals
gift 9 -> t:notEquals
gift 10 -> t:or
gift 11 -> t:and

Or the gifts of all gifts -> t:java // We could use any java5 operator with
${values}

..and i promise to be a good boy in 2010.

Sorry for crying on the list. A nice day for everybody.