I must say I was a little bit shocked when I heard about this security hole and found an easy way within httpd (mod_rewrite) to circumvene this problem at first.

Thinking about how it should be I would prefer the 'blacklist everything'-approach. This way a dev never has to worry about what's opened up by deploying a third party jar.

Of course extra documentation is needed then to pre-answer mailing list questions like 'my packaged images don't show up' ...

Michael

Ulrich Stärk schrieb:
I really like to hear what the other devs (apart from Thiago) are thinking about this, whether there are objections against what I proposed or if you think there are better solutions. This really needs fixing ASAP.

Cheers,

Uli