Cheers,

Thx for swift reply.

- Not using zone param in the actionlink for downloading the pdf though.

I can't post the complete code (as its a whole lot going on :-)

The page has the following layout;
- Left column; Listing reports. Each report represented by an actionlink with zone param="reportDetails" (<t:actionlink t:id="selectReport" context="report.id" zone="reportDetails">$ {report.name}</t:actionlink>) - Right column: Showing details about a report. The details are wrapped in a zone "reportDetails". Inside the zone is an actionlink to download a pdf (<t:actionlink t:id="downloadPdf">${message:report-downloadPdf }</t:actionlink>)

the page class has the following code for the actionlinks mentioned above;

// download pdf
StreamResponse onActionFromDownloadPdf() {
/* this code basically constructs a pdf and returns a StreamResponse, as described in http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToStreamAnExistingBinaryFile */
         return new PDFTransformer().generatePDF(report);
    }

// actionlink for returning reportDetails Zone
Object onActionFromSelectReport(int id) {
        Report report = reportRepository.findById(id);
        return reportDetails.getBody();
    }

not much magic in this. Obviously since the page has lots of other stuff, this could be the cause, I might have to make a simpler page to isolate the problem, but was hoping that maybe someone else has stumbled upon a similar scenario...

kind regards
Magnus