Hi all,

Tapestry doesn't allow nested components. Ok, no problem.

However, there is a situation where, say in component A's template, that I
want to define a block which has a reference to component A--but I'll only
call that component in a Zone update via Ajax.  In other words, there isn't
actually recursion going on, because in a full page refresh, the block isn't
rendered, and when the zone is updated with Ajax, the component is rendered
but that's OK because it's parent isn't being rendered.

Regardless, Tapestry get's mad, warning me about recursion if I put that
block in the page.  Ok, fine, so I try to get around that.  I have an
approach that works ... almost:  I made a 'worker' page, which has nothing
but a block defined--the block with the component A.   I then  inject that
page into my component, (using @InjectPage) and then on Ajax request to my
component, I use a public getter to retrieve the block from this injected
page, and return that.

I'm having some sort of issue though; if that block from the injected page
contains a form, and I then submit that form, tapestry throws an exception;
I believe the path in the action attribute on the form does not correctly
point to a component.  Still debugging that.

Are there other ways to avoid Tapestry recursion detection in this scenario?

Regards,
Seth