I used struts2 for 2 years aprox, and always used i18n, putting all
i18n in the ROOT app package, I can't imagine a situation using
diferentent files for the same language (say spanish) in diferent
packages. And if you do it, it's danger because you must know what
happens in hierarchy. Let's see, If you have a properties.es in root
with a key, and then you override that key in a child-properties, it's
not a happy context. Now we don't have that problem ;)