I have an object which uses another object with the javax.persistence
@Embedded annotation. Eg. class "Car" with an @Embedded "Registration"
object which has a couple of fields (say "rego_number" and
"rego_expiry_date" for the sake of an argument). The annotation means
that the "Car" table has those two fields, instead of e.g. modelling
as an association to a normal-form table.

When I include the containing object ("Car" in my example) in a
Tapestry grid the embedded object doesn't show up. Is there any easy
way to coerce it to display as if it's fields were part of the
original, apart from writing a bean model? I guess I'm gonna have to
write a bean model? In my case I have used the embedded object a
couple of times in different owning objects (that's the point of it!)
and I don't really want to have to write bean models for all the
containing objects, and I was wondering if there's anyway to annotate
the "Registration" object to tell Tapestry "automatically inline this
object's fields into the owning object's generated bean model" or
something like that.

thanks
scot

--