You know how you can inject the Request?  Well the Request service is
really an extension of the per-thread RequestGlobals object, which
stores the Request and Response.

Turns out, Tapestry can implement this approach for you automatically;
creating a proxy object that delegates all of its method invocations
to another object (accessed as a property of some known service or
object).

There's a few special builders used for edge cases like this.

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/tapestry-ioc/shadow.html

> mrg
>

> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Carl Crowder <carl.crow...@taptu.com> wrote:
>> Agreed: the main thing Tapestry is lacking is a book that explains not just
>> the basics but also concepts that it takes months of working with Tapestry
>> to discover. Things like shadow builders and so on. I don't care who writes
>> one as long as there's a definitive guide!

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com