Nice, thanks!

It actually worked putting jquery-core.js before all other scripts. It is
strange, because I have a Struts page with a very similar setup, both
prototype and jQuery included and prototype first, and it has no errors in
IE8...

Thiago: I'm also using a jQuery plugin (jQuery UI datepicker). But my plugin
works nicely without any $ replacements.

Thanks again for great help!

Inge