Em Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:07:51 -0200, Ashwanth Kumar <ashwanth.ku...@gmail.com> escreveu:

Hi,

Hi!

I'm currently trying to create looping structure in one of my pages. The
source attribute is an object (an entity).

It is an object that must be an array or an Iterable (Collection, List, ...).

The entity, has a value, which
refers to the ID of the other Entity's reference.

Why doesn't it have a direct reference to the other entity instead of using its id? This doesn't sound object-oriented to me.

Its like i've a column postedBy - this has UID (an Integer) from another entity. My question is,
when i use a loop to generate the content. How do i refer to the other
entity's other column, using this ID in this entity?

Remember classes don't have columns, they have fields and properties.
Suppose this other entity class has a name property.
Create a method getName() that returns the name and use ${name} to print it in the generated HTML.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.