I'm not aware what the OWASP recommandations are. When 2 layers serve
different goals and one of them is vulnerable, it doesn't make sense to protect
the other one - that other layer wouldn't even know what to protect
against since
it could interoperate with any kind of back-end.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:46, cordenier christophe
<christophe.corden...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes i understand and i agree with your point and i have also read the
> security consideration written by Howard on its blog about SQL escaping. But
> we are trying to follow OWASP recommandations and each layer should be
> protected, not only for SQL escaping. While others are already handled by
> Tapestry, this one is important also for older application that do not use
> JPA implementations
>
> 2010/1/7 Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <thiag...@gmail.com>
>
>> Em Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:51:52 -0200, cordenier christophe <
>> christophe.corden...@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>

>>  Tapestry has a lot of security mechanisms regarding type control, method
>>> events control... but sql escaping is missing, this is my first goal but i
>>> am writing a mechanism with an extensible and configurable list of codec.
>>>

>> IMHO, SQL escaping is something to be done at the persistence layer level,
>> not at the presentation layer (Tapestry).
>> By the way, using some object-relational mapping like Hibernate, JPA or
>> iBatis solves the problem for you, as they do the escaping automatically.
>>
>> --
>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,
>> and instructor
>> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
>> Informação Ltda.
>> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Andreas Andreou - andy...@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer