JAX-RS is simple and cool, and we at Tynamo project
(http://tynamo.org) wanted to make it even simpler for you Tapestry
dudes! Tapestry-resteasy is a drop-in module for making your
webapplication RESTful. Follow our tapestry-resteasy guide
(http://tynamo.org/tapestry-resteasy+guide) to set it up.
Tapestry-resteasy 0.0.1 is available from Maven central but note that
not all of the JBoss or java.net jars are in Central repo, so if you
are one of the poor developers who are running Maven not backed up by
a proper repository proxy, you can activate -Prepositories profile to
enable downloading directly from the JBoss and java.net repositories.
Have fun with it! Oh and if something goes wrong, don't blame me, this
module is all Alejandro Scandroli's ingenious work!

PS. We also have another announcement to make - Piero Sartini, the
founder of tapestry-jpa module, has joined our ranks. Join me in
welcoming him to the project! Besides the experience, he also brought
the code with him to be hosted as part of Tynamo.org - so you know
what it means, more about full JPA2 integration to follow!