I use the decorate approach when I'm providing a decoration using a
known interface, and I use advice when I'm providing a concern across
a large number of different interfaces (since advice can adapt to any
method of any interface).

Both are built to support multiple contributions (either multiple
interceptors when using decoration, or multiple advice).

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:52 AM, cordenier christophe
<christophe.corden...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using decorateXxx because i prefer this way of decorating, but if you
> suggest to do it with advisors, i'll do it this way.
>
> I wil give it a try.
>
> Thanks,
> Christophe
>
> 2010/2/2 Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <thiag...@gmail.com>
>
>> On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:40:04 -0200, cordenier christophe <
>> christophe.corden...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi
>>>

>> Hi!
>>
>>  I am facing this problem by decorating ComponentEventLinkEncoder, the
>>> result is that my decoration is ignored or it fails with a
>>> StackOverflowException.
>>>

>> Are you using decoration (decorateXXX methods) or advice (adviseXXX
>> methods)?
>>
>> --
>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,
>> and instructor
>> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
>> Informação Ltda.
>> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry