> Not 100% related, but I created an ActivationContextEncoder<T> interface
> and corresponding ActivationContextEncoderSource service. This way, I can
> have the logic for generating the activation context value for a given
> type separate from its ValudeEncoder logic. The above pseudo-id lookup
> logic above could be implemented in a reusable way with
> ActivationContextEncoder.
Interesting solution!

I agree that one way or another you can't avoid these checks, so better to find
a way to make this code reusable and as generic as possible. My solution was to
annotate my pages in order to determine the referenced context variables at
runtime, then reuse the checking code in a service injected in a base page/s
(or even a dispatcher)... perhaps not as elegant as yours, but its flexible and
it works for me.

cheers,
Peter