Thanks for reply.

I understand the browser executes javascript codes.

The problem I have is if I just simply execute a html file which includes
javascript codes with comment tag directly using the browser, I can see the
javascript codes are executed. But if I put the same javascript codes inside
of a tml file in Tapestry app, the codes are not executed.

by the way, the simple javascript codes listed in my email is simply used to
be an example, is not something I am using in my app.

So What caused the difference?

David