Alex,
I haven't tried blobstore service yet, I was using Task Queue API and I got
situation when requests were not processed - my page's onActivate wasn't
called and I thought this is the same issue you had with blobstore.

As I wrote, in my case the issue why onActivate haven't been called was
caused by AccessController which prevented unauthenticated calls.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com