On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:53:59 -0300, martijn.list <martijn.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
I have a component with multiple fields. Because validation of the component depends on multiple fields I would like to validate the component after all the field have been set.
 Just handle the validateForm event from Form.

Yes that I know :) but it kind of breaks the nice component encapsulation.

Oops, I though you were talking about a form inside your component, not outside.

According to Howard's posting it can be done using FormSupport?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2515?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

I guess so. I just never did that. Take a look at Tapestry component sources to have some inspiration. I guess you'll need to use the defer() or store*() methods of FormSupport.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.