I have bound the zone parameter to my form:

<t:form t:id="pickCommentForm" context="[packCard,draftPick,draftId]"
zone="prop:zoneId">
</t:form>

And the zone itself:

<t:zone t:id="otherCommentsZone" id="prop:zoneId" t:update="show">
</t:zone>

This has been working fine until recently.  I was forced to upgrade to
prototype 1.6.1 using tapx-prototype and ever since I'm observing that my
forms that were previously submitting as XHR requests are now submitting as
plain old form submits (without the x-requested-with header).  The section
of tapestry js that is failing:

 // This flag can be set to prevent the form from submitting normally.
1172 // This is used for some Ajax cases where the form submission must
1173 // run via Ajax.Request.
1174
1175 if (this.preventSubmission)
1176 {
1177 // Prevent the normal submission.
1178
1179 Event.stop(domevent);
1180
1181 // Instead ...
1182
1183 this.form.fire(Tapestry.FORM_PROCESS_SUBMIT_EVENT);
1184
1185 return false;
1186 }
1187

With the error "Event.stop is not a function".  A google around hasn't
thrown up anything.  Any ideas?