Thanks Thiago

I dont know how but I think 1) could be addressed by making tapestry
to "encode" action differently to say login-form in stead of
login.form or to adjust the handler - I'm sorry but I'm not up to
speed with the Tapestry internals.

But 2) I'm afraid is definitely a bug - I'll try and get the code for
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.URLEncoderImpl and make it work
better

Anyway, all the best