This is to the students among you.

As in the years before, Google is sponsoring the Google Summer of Code [1]. The Apache Software Foundation has been accepted as a GSoC Organization which means that projects inside the ASF can come up with tasks that they'd like to see implemented by a participating student. An ASF-wide list of available tasks can be found at [2].

Of course we have come up with some Tapestry-specific tasks as well which can be found at [3]. They include JPA and EJB3 integration and more nifty components. Thiago and I will be mentoring students that whish to carry out those tasks.

The benefits for students are manyfold:

- get in touch with a real open source software project
- learn how to develop software in a truely distributed team
- get a $5000 stipend

Google will accept applications between March 29th and April 9th, so go to [1] and get familiar with GSoC, discuss your ideas for an application with us and apply for a stipend with GSoC!

Cheers,

Uli

[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2010
[2]