Hi list,

I am currently encountering an unexpected behavior with a custom
"tapestry.start-page-name".

Configuration #1: Tapestry 5.1.0.5, tapestry.start-page-name = HomePage, tested
on Tomcat/Jetty

Requests to:

- http://host/ -> loads HomePage
- http://host/en/HomePage -> loads HomePage
- http://host/en/ -> is not handled by Tapestry and results in a 404!

I double checked that by removing the contribution of
"tapestry.start-page-name" (so the default is "start" as I could read from the
TapestryModule) and created an Index.java + tml. (Configuration #2)

Requests to:

- http://host/ -> loads Index
- http://host/en/ -> loads Index

everything is fine :)

Another interesting effect occurred when I set "tapestry.start-page-name" =
HomePage again and left the Index page in the project. (Configuration #3)

Requests to:

- http://host/ -> loads HomePage
- http://host/en/HomePage -> loads HomePage
- http://host/en/ -> loads Index

That's odd, isn't it? Thanks to template inheritance I could just extend
Index.java from my HomePage.java and put [1] into the Index.tml and prevent
copy&paste my HomePage code.

[1]
<t:extend xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_1_0.xsd";>
</t:extend>

What must be done to make configuration #1 working? Adjust some hidden
configuration? Add a new JIRA? :)

Cheers,
Christian