On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:32:05 -0300, Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:

I've been bitten a few times in the past by having such strings in the
java files

My first language is Portuguese, which has a lot of accented characters, and I don't have this problem. But there's one catch: you have to instruct your IDE to use UTF-8 for your templates, Tapestry property files and *classes*. I've just created a simple class that returns a string with accented characters and it worked flawlessly. I suggest Mark Allan to check which encoding is used in the files, as Eclipse uses the operating system default one for source classes, and also check the XML declaration.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.